Yoga (correct ways to perform yoga) is something which everyone should do normally as a daily routine. It consists a set of asanas which help you to work on the particular areas of your body and also getting in shape and refreshing your mind. But there are some of the things also which have to be kept in mind while practicing yoga. You have to do the asanas in an expert’s presence also.
Performing a posture carelessly can also lead to injuries that is why it is suitable to be calm and know all about the procedure of the poses also. There can also be conditions when you should not perform yoga, so read this article more to get to know correct ways to perform the Yoga asanas.
- People having injuries, medical conditions or spinal problems should consult a doctor before beginning yoga.
- Some yoga positions should not be performed while having fever or during menstruation or pregnancy.
- Beginners should exercise with care and concentration while doing yoga. It is best suitable if done under the guidance of an expert teacher. They will help you teach correct measures to perform yoga.
Precautions while performing some Everyday Yoga asanas
- Patients of knee and back injuries should be extra careful while performing asanas like Vajrasana and Ardha Matsyendrasana. Those asanas can put strains on the knee and back and cause problems. They should take it up only under guidance.
- The same kind of caution applies to patients of hernia, intestinal ulcers and other diseases of the small and large intestines. Patients of these kind of diseases should be careful while performing asanas like above and asanas like Bhujangasana and Chakrasana.
- Beginners while performing asanas, should take care not to overexert themselves to avoid straining the joints and breath.
- Those with high blood pressure should not raise their hands overhead if they want to try a pose which includes such step; as the stance may raise the blood pressure.
- Those with cervical spondylosis should not look up for too long in such poses requiring the same.
- Pregnant and menstruating women should avoid positions with twisting of the abdomen as it can be too strong for them. Such asanas are Ardha Matsyendrasana, dhanurasana, etc.
- Those persons suffering with stomach disorders like ulcers should be perform asanas including stress over stomach under the guidance of an expert.
- The Chakrasana is not recommended for those with carpal tunnel syndrome, back injuries, blood pressures problems, headache, diarrhea, hernia or heart problems.
- Overweight individuals should start slowly and not exert themselves beyond comfortable limits.
- Shavasana can be done by anyone, unless they have been instructed by their doctor not to lie on their back.
Click here to know more about 7 Yoga postures to do everyday.
The Do’s of Yoga (correct ways to perform yoga)
We have covered the don’t’s of Yoga already above but how to do yoga correctly? The answer to your questions is in the points below:
- First of all, stay calm while starting with yoga. Try to get into the posture correctly and slowly. (Do not start without an expert if you have never done yoga before.)
- Calm yourself by breathing deeply and slowly.
- Try also to control your breath while performing yoga.
- Also keep in mind that if your posture is not perfect in the beginning, do not strain yourself or you can get injured.
- It is always better to perform yoga with sunrise. People with hectic schedule can do it as suitable to them, in the morning or evening.
- It is better to be with an empty stomach while performing yoga or at least 3-4 hours after a meal. Except for Vajrasana which can be performed after a meal to help in digestion.
- Do not perform asanas in a rush. They are to relax your body and mind so be careful and calm while practicing.
- It would be good if you warm up before practicing yoga by some light cardio exercises like running on the spot. Also it will help you warm up your muscles and easily stretch them.
- It is advised to not wear too loose clothes or too tight clothes. Wear something comfortable in which your body would be able to move freely.
If you want to know about “What is Crypto Currency” click here..
Which asanas to do while Pregnancy?
Yoga can really help out while pregnancy. Just some simple asanas daily can quickly elevate your mood, keep you and the baby in good shape and healthy. As it also helps in blood circulation, fixing back pain and other problems also. Yoga asanas would be really beneficial to carry out through pregnancy also. It is also true some asanas are not to do while pregnancy but you just have to keep in mind these correct yoga asanas to perform while this period.
It stretches the stomach organs and improves digestion. Boosts blood circulation throughout the body. It also reduces stress and tighten the buttocks and abdomen.
It relieves indigestion, flatulence and acidity. It also helps burn fat. Improves flexibility of the spine and corrects the posture of shoulders.
It brings a sense of calmness, reducing stress, fatigue and anxiety. A must to perform asana while pregnancy as it can really help a lot with the mood swings also (if performed correctly).
It replenishes and refreshes the body. Also relaxes the heart which keeps anxiety in check. It improves concentration, memory retention and also repairs the cells and tissues.
It helps to reduce abdominal fat, which can cause back pain. It also improves the function of the spine.
Strengthens the pelvic region, improves mobility in the groin and hip region, stretches the thighs and knees and relieves pain.
- Viparita Karani asana:
Relieves back pain. Improves blood circulation in the pelvic area. Relieves swollen ankles and varicose veins, a common symptom of pregnancy.
Know more about Yoga for Pregnent woman .