Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme is launched by the goverment. The scheme(BBBP) is made to improve the efficiency of services for the welfare of women. And also to raise awareness regarding women’s rights. According to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that now son and daughter are equal. The government focus on low female sex ratio in almost 100 districts. So, Education and awareness leads to empowerment of women. Introducing on January 22, 2015, was the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao(BBBP) scheme. A cooperative scheme of the Ministry of Women as well as Children.
The aim of this scheme is to reduce the child sex ratio(CSR). Scheme start by the central government as combination of three ministries. This scheme is also aimed to decline low child-sex ratio.
What is Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme ?
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme was aim at attaining better women’s status in India by reducing the girl sex ratio also empowering women. So, the name Beti Bachao Beti Padhao translates to ‘Save the girl child, and educate the girl child ‘. Then the scheme aims to educate citizens against gender bias and improve efficacy of welfare services for girls.
There are efforts related to scheme:
- Development of child and women
- Welfare of human and health.
- Resource development of Human
Some Reasons for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Initiative :-
There are also two main reasons for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative are
The scheme is called for the launch of Low child-sex ratio
Then UNICHEF in 2012 reported that India ranked 41st among 195 countries. A 2011 population census revealed that the population the ratio of India in 2011 was 943 females per 1,000 of males. In comparison to the 2010 Census between the Sex Ratio in 2011 indicates an upward trend.
Crime against Women on the rise
Back in year 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke on the event of international day of the girl child. He highlight on the abolition of female foeticide. And also asked suggestions from the Indian citizens on aborting of female foeticide by post ultrasonic testing. In short, it is type of discrimination against girl infants result in a huge drop in the female population. Therefore, crimes and abuse have been on the rise.
If you want to learn about Happiness A Choice Click Here.
The scheme has three primary objectives:-
- Prevent female infanticide.
- Ensure every girl child also gets a quality education.
- Develop new schemes and work collaboratively to ensure that every girl child is secure and protected.
Achievements and Benefits
- Under this scheme, the government is trying to motivate the parents of the girl children to send them to school.
- By using this scheme, girls can become economically and socially independent.
- With the help of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme, the government trying to make awareness among people towards women’s issue.
- Improve the child sex ratio.
- Prevent gender-biased, sex selective elimination.
- Number of women police officers were increased from 6% to 8.5%.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme has put impact just in 2 years from its launch date. The sex ration in 2 years crossed up to 950 females per 1000 males.
Different Strategies Undertaken
- Firstly, Motivating the people of the country to participate similarity to work towards their development and to the birth and growth of a girl child.
- Secondly, This scheme has put the priority on those cities where the Child Sex Ratio is low.
- Thirdly, To discuss the issues, those are the reason for the low Child Sex Ratio in public discourse.
- However, Taking targeted actions in those districts that are gender-critical is the focus of the scheme.
There is no doubt that the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative targets entire country. Three different classifications of target audiences have made for the BBBP. These three classification are mention below:
- Primary Groups: This group includes young married couples, pregnant mothers, and also parents.
- Secondary Groups: This group includes the youth of the country, doctors, in-laws, private hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers.
- Tertiary Groups: This group includes the general people of the country frontline workers, officials, religious leaders, voluntary organizations, media and also women SHGs.
Eligibility for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme has mentioned below. The candidates must have to fulfil all the conditions.
- The age of the girl child must be below the age of 10 years.
- There should be an account of a girl child under Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) in any bank that is open with the name of the girl child.
- NRIs girls are not eligible, the Girl child should be an Indian to get benefits from this scheme.
How To Apply?
It is easy to enroll in the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) program. All the steps to apply for this scheme are mention below:
- firstly the beneficiary has to visit the bank or post office wherever this scheme is available.
- After that Now get the application form for BBBP/SSA to Fill all the details in the application form.
- The candidate has to fill the application form manually to attach all the mandatory documents.
- After filling all the details and attaching the required documents with the application form, please submit it to the same bank or post office.
- That account must be open with the name of girl child.
- At last, candidates allowed to transfer the account to one bank account to other bank or post office account.
The Documents Required in Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
All the document that are need to get the benefit of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme are mention below:
- Firstly, Birth Certificate of the girl child that issue by the hospital or an recognize government body is mandatory.
- Secondly, For the identity proof Aadhaar Card and Ration Card of the Parents.
- The Address proof any documents like Passport, Driving license, Utility bills like water, telephone, electricity, etc.
- However, Recent Passport size photograph of the girl child.
To know about Indian Government Scheme-E-Shram Card.
If you want to know about “What is Crypto Currency” click here..
BBBP scheme for the society
This scheme is not just beneficial for the girl child and also for the entire society. There have lot of changes taken by this initiative towards women as well as girl child.
This initiative started by the government is to act as a boon for the women as well as girl child. This scheme has provided a lot of benefits which is also increased the child sex ratio in the country. So, a lot of women who have started their careers in their own chosen field.
Different Schemes introduced under this Campaign
In this paragraph there have lot of campaigns, awareness program the creation of improvise reforms. which are start under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme. who focuses on women empowerment for the welfare of women as well as the girl child. Therefore And now here are some schemes that are introduce under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana
- Balika Samridhi Yojana
- Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- Ladli scheme
- Kanyashree Pakala Yojana
- Dhana Lakshmi scheme and many more
Warning against spurious schemes being floated in the name of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Firstly It has come to the notice of Ministry of women and child development. Government of India that certain unauthorized sites, organisation, NGOs.
scheme has no has no provision for individuals cash transfer component by government of India. Strict enforcement of PC and PNDT Act. However, advancing education of girl child; focus is an issues of women empowerment on a life cycle continue. But it is not a DBT(direct benefit transfer).
It is an illegal and serious matter then if any such incidence comes to your knowledge. Please report to the nearest police station and the concerned district collector/District magistrate. Meanwhile the ministry of women and child development has advised.
People against falling into the trap of frauds. At last It may be noted that distribution of such forms are completely illegal.